Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Softball....from a different view.

Man how time flies. I swear I blinked and suddenly this softball season is over. And I have not written about it once! Shameful I tell you.

So far, the season can be summed up in one sentence. What a difference a year makes!

Remember? This was Sydney last year:



Timid, unsure of herself, afraid to swing the bat and barely able to catch a ball. And look at her now:


A lean, mean, Lexington catching machine with plenty of attitude.


But wait! Something else is different this year to. Sometimes....when the catchers gear comes off....she does this:










and I can hardly watch. A mother's nervous system can only take so much. I really have no idea where this child came from.

These girls....my girl...all of them together. Formidable opponents to say the least. With 5 out of the 11 being first timers, they finished the season 13 and 4 with a 3rd place finish out of 12 teams.

Congratulations Lexington Minor girls on a job very well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment