Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Joke (part 3)

Armed with my extra quadruple wide running shoes, a sporty looking, lightweight, running jacket thing (I might as well look like I know what I’m doing) and my iPod containing a new “Exercise” playlist full of up-beat/motivational music; the treadmill and I began our exercise regime.

Week 1 consisted of walking for 10minutes, jogging for 2.  Then walking for 10 minutes and jogging for another 2.  Week 2 would have consisted of walking 6 minutes, jogging 4.  Twice.  Except I got stuck on Week 1.  For 3 weeks.  (I told you I had never run anywhere except to the bathroom!)  Clearly I needed help.

The Lake Run is a 4.3something, something  mile run around Lake Bloomington on May 1st.  It is put on by The Lake Run Club; a group of running enthusiasts who get together and, well…..run I guess.  In anticipation of The Lake Run itself, The Lake Run Club enthusiasts group together and put on a “How to Run Class” for beginners called "Catch the Wave” (also called CTW).

The idea is to get someone, like myself, off the couch and running (and I use the term running very, very loosely here) enough so that, in theory, I could run jog walk shuffle the entire race on May 1st.  Sign me up!  I want to know the secret! 

So the class runs for about 10 weeks and we meet every Tuesday night for approximately an hour and a half.  The 10 weeks ends with the race itself.

Seven of the 15 women (not including the Pastor :-) signed on for  CTW and we braved the first class together last Tuesday evening. 

DSC_1244

(…to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment