Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting Ready...

The kids are out of school again today. I say again through clenched teeth. Some kind of teacher's work day. I did the math this morning, since December 22nd they have had 18 days of no school. 18 DAYS!

Sydney has a friend coming over today and she will spend the night. "Sydney always has friends over!" says Andrew. "That's just how girls are." I tell him. No sooner did we finish that conversation then my cell phone rang. My friend Jackie asks if Emma can come over for a couple of hours this afternoon. It seems her two older girls have a swim meet in Champaign and Jackie is working. You see.... Emma...... is Andrew's friend. She is in his preschool class. Andrew has two, self proclaimed, girlfriends. Emma is one of them.

He willingly takes a shower, gets dressed. I clip his nails and tell him to brush his teeth.


When he is through with his teeth he breaks out the hair brush, a very rare occurrence. Being a boy and having a relatively short hair cut, it usually looks the same brushed or unbrushed. BUT NOT TODAY! Today he was careful to get every strand brushed down and forward.




When he finished he says, "There! Now I look nice and handsome for when Emma comes."


Oh my!



No comments:

Post a Comment