Friday, April 24, 2009

"My mom is strange."

I've become very accustomed to Sydney and her friends thinking I am strange for constantly taking pictures. The majority of them have gotten used to seeing me, camera in hand, snapping pictures of just about everything. I have gotten used to their questions "Why are you always taking pictures?" and their comments "Sydney's mom, you are soo strange!" Hell, my own friends think I'm weird sometimes.

I can handle all this. I'm a big girl. I have broad shoulders. And besides, one day when Sydney and her friends are old, they will thank me for taking all those pictures. I am certain of it.


The other day I sat in my car while she was at soccer practice. Her group was at least a soccer field away from where I was sitting so, at full zoom, I figured I was safe from any of them noticing that I was just a snappin away. I uploaded the pictures to my computer and briefly took note of a couple of mediocre shots.


I love the look on her face in this one **snicker, snicker**:





And this one would have been a great action shot had I not cut the top of her head off:




I was really shooting blindly as I was shooting into the late day sun and because the camera was at full zoom, I had to keep the camera perfectly still. I had no way of looking at the display screen to see what I was taking pictures of. I like to refer to this style as Hail Mary Photography.


This was another I took:


They all look cute in their uniforms. I see Sydney in the picture and at second glance I notice she seems to be looking at me. And then I look a little closer and I notice Coach Hottie seems to be looking at me too. So today I cropped and zoomed in on that end of the picture:



Not only are they looking at me, THEY ARE LAUGHING AT ME TOO! I can just imagine what they are saying. Sydney, "My mom is strange." followed by laughter. Coach Hottie, "Yes Sydney, she is." followed by more laughter.


Like I said. I can handle her and her friends laughing at me...no problem. But COACH HOTTIE?? Ugh...

















No comments:

Post a Comment