Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You know you live in a small town when.....

You head to the voting pole at the Community Center for Lexington's consolidated election to, well, vote. And, because you don't keep up with politics, you really have no idea who is running for what. But you planned on taking careful consideration of the choices set forth on the ballet to try and make an uneducated guess based on who you know. Only to be completely baffled by the fact that there is only one individual running in just about every category! One. Uno. I became overwrought with excitement when I came across the section that had two names listed. Only to be let down by the directions telling me to "vote for no more than two of the individuals listed below". What? There are ONLY two. And the section that had four names listed had directions instructing me to "vote for no more than four of the individuals listed below". Huh? Yup, we ain't in Florida no more!

**One more thing....note the absence of pictures in this post. I, once again, made the conscious decision to remove my camera from my purse before I got out of the car assuming there would be nothing inside the Community Center worthy of a snap shot. I would now give anything to have a photo of that ballet which just affirms that my camera needs to be surgically attached to my hand**


No comments:

Post a Comment